- RSS Channel Showcase 5536667
- RSS Channel Showcase 1194513
- RSS Channel Showcase 1204037
- RSS Channel Showcase 8795705
Articles on this Page
- 05/21/08--18:51: _Figuring out Blue C...
- 11/20/08--18:55: _Thoughts on maratho...
- 08/22/09--19:35: _The new bacon and c...
- 02/09/10--16:44: _Michael Pollan on h...
- 04/05/10--11:06: _Best advice on medi...
- 04/11/10--19:19: _Fluoride is the lea...
- 04/17/10--05:41: _Even Fox News is wo...
- 08/07/10--07:51: _A Sickening Gift
- 01/09/11--14:01: _Vitamin D More Effe...
- 09/05/11--17:24: _EPA Union called fo...
- 05/20/08--08:16: _Blue Cross Blue Shi...
- 11/20/08--18:55: Thoughts on marathon training for the casual runner…
- 04/05/10--11:06: Best advice on meditation I’ve ever received…
- 04/11/10--19:19: Fluoride is the lead of our time
- 04/17/10--05:41: Even Fox News is worried about fluoridation
- 08/07/10--07:51: A Sickening Gift
- 01/09/11--14:01: Vitamin D More Effective than Flu Vaccines
- 09/05/11--17:24: EPA Union called for moratorium on fluoride over one decade ago…
- 05/20/08--08:16: Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthcare Mini-FAQ
I moved to Japan immediately after graduating from college, so for the first ten or so years of my professional life my only exposure to health insurance was socialized Japanese health care. When I began working on my own in Tokyo, I was initially shocked that I didn’t have a choice of vendors, and that […]
About a month ago I ran my second marathon in seven years, the Mount Desert Island Marathon in Bar Habor, Acadia National Park, Maine. The MDI Marathon is famous for being one of the most beautiful marathons in the world. It’s also famous for being one of the more difficult. And painful. Nevertheless, I was […]
Tomorrow, I am going to eat this: It’s from KFC. Who not too long ago reduced their name to a mere three letters in a coy attempt to appear somewhat less devastating to the human digestive system. Apparently they have dispensed with such nonsense. If I survive, I will report back. And then I will […]
This is excellent. How to fight back against the Nutritional Industrial Complex. Two-thirds of ad budgets go to heavily processed foods.
“If you can’t still your mind, then fill it with what you would like to experience.” Within reason I suppose. This could be easily abused..
Excellent video from the Fluoride Action Network. The fluoride thing has been on my radar for quite awhile. I’m finally getting serious about it. In a nutshell: The limited benefits of pharmaceutical sodium fluoride are achieved via topical application. Fluoride does not work systemically. Yet adding fluoride to public water supplies amounts to the unethical […]
How timely. I guess Douglass Kennedy is also having trouble with his precious bodily fluids.
Loved the lead article from Dr. William Campbell Douglass this week. An example of corporatism at it’s very worst. It’s the kind of gift I wouldn’t give my worst enemies: A flu-shot gift card. Drug-store chain Walgreens is running radio ads for these things, an ugly reminder that there are only so many more shopping […]
Here’s some good news: A clinical trial led by Mitsuyoshi Urashima and conducted by the Division of Molecular Epidemiology in the the Department of Pediatrics at the Jikei University School of Medicine Minato-ku, Tokyo found that vitamin D was extremely effective at halting influenza infections in children. The report, published in the American Journal of […]
In the the below please note that Blue Cross Blue Shield is abbreviated “BCBS” and that Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts is abbreviated “BCBSMA”. Q: In general, where can I learn more about available health care plans if I am uninsured? A: Check out the Commonwealth Connector. Q: How different is the BCBS provider […]